Meeting at the Manicipulity RANILUG

In convarsation with mr Davor Petkovic – secretary, planing next projects.

Ranilug, is a village and municipality located in the Gjilan District of Kosovo and Metohija. The municipality comprises 12 villages and as of 2015 has a population of 5,800 inhabitants. After the 2013 Brussels Agreement, the municipality became part of the Community of Serb Municipalities. 

FOUNDATIONs Cultural programs in Primary School and Culture Centre Ranilug

In collaboration with Ranilug Manicipality*, Association – Centar Za Drustvenu Afirmaciju, Foundation Empress and Publisher Pesic and Sons, 10th April was arranged Cultural program at 13.00 – Book presenation and at 17.00 Master Class for young and adults with actress Jelena Mila. Everybody had a great time. This collaboration wil continue.

*Ranilug, is a village and municipality located in the Gjilan District of Kosovo and Metohija. The municipality comprises 12 villages and as of 2015 has a population of 5,800 inhabitants. After the 2013 Brussels Agreement, the municipality became part of the Community of Serb Municipalities. 

Novo Brdo – Nuovo Monte, Kosovo and Metohija

Novo Brdo Fortress Serbian Fortress and ruins of the Church from ancient time.

Тврђава Ново Брдо, Tvrđava Novo Brdo; is a medieval Serbian fortress in Kosovo and Metohija. Its ruins are located near the town of Novo Brdo, about 40 kilometres (25 mi) east of Pristina. The fortress was built in the early 14th century by king Stephen Uroš II Milutin of Serbia to protect gold, silver, iron and lead mines which were abundant throughout the area. Novo Brdo was famous for its silver. Together with the castles of Prizrenac, 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) to the southwest, and Prilepac, 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) to the southeast, which guard access roads to the fortress, Novo Brdo helped form a defensive complex overlooking the lucrative mining operations. Novo Brdo was at its height during the Serbian Despotate (1402–1459), when it was the most important mining area and second most important town in Serbia. A significant number of Saxon miners and a large Ragusan merchant colony lived within the town, which was ruled by a vojvoda, but also a governor (kefalija), because it was the seat of an administrative unit of the Despotate.

For its fortress and production of silver and gold, Novo Brdo has been referred to as the “Mother of all Serbian cities”, a “mountain of gold and silver”, and the “strongest fortification of Serbia”. Systematic archaeological research of the site began in 1952. Novo Brdo Fortress was declared a Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1948. After Kosovo’s unilateral declaration of independence from Serbia in February 2008, the site was established as a Special Protective Zone of Kosovo. Remains of fortifications, buildings, and mining facilities are scattered throughout the area. Constant illegal digging to find buried treasure, plundering, and amateur excavations are destroying valuable archaeological strata.

(sources partly taken from WIKIPEDIA)